JOB CALL FOR GENERAL MANAGER – Posted Aug 15, 2017
Position: General Manager
Term: 0.6 part-time (average 24 hours/week)
Position: salaried, year-round position
Working together with the Artistic Director, the General Manager manages the day-to-day operations and productions of Momo in support of the artistic goals and mission. The General Manager is accountable for the financial management, marketing, fundraising, outreach, and administration. They work an average of 24 hours/week with some flexibility and increased hours around peak production time.
The General Manager is at the heart of our small team and is a critical part of our on-going development. The General Manager should be comfortable with teamwork and self-directed projects, taking a leading and proactive role in ongoing operations. A knowledge of Momo Performance + disability, movement performance, or disability arts is an asset. The General Manager also acts as a representative for Momo within the community and at events.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Prepare annual budgets, monthly financial statements, cash flow documents
- Communicate regularly with Bookkeeper and Treasurer, prepare annual returns and statements with them, and identify potential problems, concerns, or shortfalls
- Supervise on-going financial matters including invoices and cheques, bill payments, conducting banking, managing cash and floats, issuing tax receipts
- Oversee office management, human resources, volunteers
- Develop and administer effective office, personnel, and general administrative policies and procedures, with accessibility measures
- Maintain databases (donors, volunteers, participants), paper and electronic files
- Class and ensemble administration – book venues, take participant registration
- Support Board relations and engagement, participating in committees as requested
- Coordinate and implement marketing and communications strategies for shows, classes
- Social Media – maintain all email and online media including website maintenance
- With Artistic Director, coordinate production personnel and volunteers
- Coordinate logistics including venue bookings, communicate rehearsal schedules
- Create appropriate box office systems, execution, and reporting
- Report to government agencies as required and manage these communications
- Oversee all grant proposals and applications. Identify potential grant sources and with Artistic Director, prepare applications and all final reports.
- In conjunction with the Board of Directors, coordinate the development and implementation of fundraising strategies and opportunities, including donor and sponsor campaigns
- Apply for and coordinate a fundraising casino (approx. every 18 months)
- Coordinate volunteer and donor appreciation
The ideal candidate will possess qualifications of:
- Minimum 3 years similar experience, ideally in arts management in the non-profit sector
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and in writing
- An interest in understanding the artistic work of Momo and its role in the arts sector
- Experience working with a volunteer board
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel and Google Drive. Experience with WordPress and MailChimp would be an asset.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment & learn quickly with attention to detail
- Approachable, professional, and collaborative working style, demonstrating high levels of trust and integrity. Passion for your work is an asset!
- Ability to work from home computer (an office space may be provided)
- Strong strategic planning and critical thinking skills; graphic design skills would be an asset
Salary: $30,000 annually
Work schedule includes flexibility, and lieu time for any additional work during peak times. Some evenings and weekends for meetings and shows may be required.
How to Apply
Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com, attention to the Hiring Committee. Should you require any accessibility measures in applying, please contact us. Position open until filled.
We thank all candidates for their interest in Momo Performance + disability. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.
Candidates with the lived experience of disability are strongly encouraged to apply. Momo is founded on principles of diversity and further encourage applicants from a broad range of backgrounds to apply, including but not limited to race, ethnicity, gender, class, disability, indigeneity, and sexual orientation.